Gully Boy : I can do slums as well - Zoya Akhtar

"I can do slums also", that's the challenge, I think, Zoya Akhtar took after her Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Dil Dhadakne Do.

It's clearly a film made for the critics. The slum dwellers do not watch movies in theatres and the theatre goers will find the connect missing.

Story is highly predictable as one could easily guess from the trailer. While the film has its lows, lows, lows and high the emotional impact seems to be missing. You don't laugh, cry, feel good or bad, just watch it.

5 out of the 7 stars I have given are for Ranveer Singh for the sheer hard work and making the character so believable. Alia Bhatt's role has no significance to the story but as usual she does full justice to her character. Just that I pity Murad for eventually having an excessively obsessive wife.

Comments

Popular Posts